Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) Imaging and SimPlant® Master Conversion Center
Periodontal Medicine Surgical Specialists is deeply committed to employing the most advanced technology to facilitate the highest level of personalized, preventative, predictable and proven care. The practice is one of the first in the country to install the Carestream Dental CS 9300, a unique system that can provide high quality Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) images allowing for a detailed look at patient anatomy in three dimensions. The system also reduces radiation exposure without compromising the diagnostic capabilities of conventional CT.
In addition to incorporating CBCT technology into its practice, Periodontal Medicine Surgical Specialists has also established an imaging center that provides services to other medical and dental practices. The center sets the standard for image acquisition, diagnostic quality, patient safety, radiology analysis, SimPlant® conversion plus 3D masking, and customer service. The center is staffed with a licensed radiology technologist, who is also its co- director.
In becoming a SimPlant® Master Conversion Center, the practice is able to take CBCT images as well as convert the DICOM volumes to SimPlant® Pro or Planner. Conversion services can also include a request for radiology interpretation services. The services can be used collectively or independently.
How the CBCT Imaging and SimPlant® Master Conversion Center Benefits Your Health:
- The center is owned and operated by clinician end users who understand the need for high quality imaging and meaningful radiology reports to support the delivery of the highest quality care.
- All CBCT scans are taken by a licensed radiology technologist with more than 15 years of experience providing oral and maxillofacial CT imaging as well as performing Simplant® Master Conversions.
- All CBCT volumes and digital panorex studies are reviewed by a board certi ed Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologist to provide as much oversight as possible for your safety.
- Patient-centered imaging uses the Carestream Dental CS 9300 3D imaging system, which offers unprecedented diversity in selecting elds of view, and allows for targeted CT studies with minimal radiation exposure.
- Radiation safety and compliance are monitored and managed to exceed the regulation requirements; exposure is documented and available to you upon request.
- A secure, web-based, HIPPA-compliant portal is available for CBCT information access.
The Periodontal Medicine and Surgical Specialists LTD Difference
With more than 25 years of experience, Periodontal Medicine Surgical Specialists offers an in-depth understanding of imaging needs and unmatched dedication to service. The practice
is aware that providing leading edge imaging services entails a certain level of accountability, and is committed to meeting and exceeding those expectations.
The Carestream Dental CS 9300 3D imaging system used at the center is the rst of its kind in the country. It offers unprecedented diversity in selecting multiple sizes of 3D images, which allow for targeted CT studies with minimal radiation exposure.
The CS 9300 offers the opportunity to expand the use of radiology technology beyond just implants. Variable focus elds allow the use of one machine for a variety of clinical purposes, such as evaluation of periodontal architecture, endodontic pathology, TMJ assessment, pathology/fractures/trauma related analysis, third molar/vital structure assessment, 3D analysis for oral and maxillofacial related services, airway assessment for bruxism/sleep apnea patients, and other pertinent aspects related to comprehensive health care.
The CS 9300 can capture 3D images of a few teeth in a single arch or a volume of the entire maxillofacial complex, depending on the individual needs of the patient. The CS 9300 offers state-of-the-art, high quality 3D imaging while minimizing radiation exposure to patients. Our center operates within the “as low as reasonably achievable” (ALARA) principle at all times.
In addition to the imaging services provided by Mr. Falls, we partner with one of the nation’s leading oral and maxillofacial radiologists, who reviews each scan and panorex. This transcends typical interdisciplinary dentistry, and helps to ensure that patients are evaluated with as much oversight as possible, so that a complete diagnosis can be made.
Local and Remote Locations
Patients in the Chicagoland area will visit the CBCT Imaging Center in Park Ridge at the Advocate Lutheran General Hospital or in Oakbrook Terrace at the Oakbrook Terrace Medical Center.
For more than two decades, Periodontal Medicine Surgical Specialists has set the standard in the Chicagoland area for contemporary implant therapy.
With the new CBCT Imaging and SimPlant® Master Conversion Center, personalized, preventative, predictable and proven care is available at an affordable price.